Sunday, October 4, 2009

little things.......

an acorn
a golden ring
rife with profundity these things
a bit of fruit on the tree of life
a grain of sand
a splinter...

a heartbeat
a breath of breeze
miniscule movements like butterfly wings
Autumnal tints of red and gold
a word
a thought
a trickle...

yet trickles turn to torrents
words form worlds...
cumulative creative forces combine
in diminutive divinity
to spark the superlatives we see...

maybe,

in the end,

it really is "the little things"...


- E.A.A. "Hindsfeet"  10/4/09

7 comments:

Dan said...

Love, Love, Love it! WoW.

Yes, it IS the little things. They're the best.

And your little poem is outstanding.

Hindsfeet said...

thanks Dan, and a p.s. to your p.s. on your post, can't WAIT to see the portrayal of the farmer, if you can track him down that is! : ) What a cool little human interest story that is! Lookin' forward to it : )

Tara said...

Love that, so true! I just love poetry and quotes.
Have a blessed day.

Hindsfeet said...

Thanks, Tara : ) I'm thinking of using it for Thanksgiving cards this year...A "Blessed Day" right back atcha : )

Gina Lee Kim said...

This post is just wonderful. Thank you as always for your comments on my blog. Please forgive me but I'm perhaps the world's worst blog follower. I try to respond back most of the time!

But before I go off to work, just wanted to say that you can certainly use my "Magenta Flight" image for your upcoming blog Haiku. Can't wait! You are very talented---that is your gift to all of us.

Hindsfeet said...

Thanks so much, Gina...I hope my new post does your beautiful work justice... : )

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

beauitful! not too narcissistic at all to point me here! quite humble and gracious, in fact :)