Thursday, February 18, 2010

Take Two...

"One thing I do: forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead..." 
-Philippians 3:13

A friend told me this morning, "Life is how you handle Plan 'B' "

Wow.....Wow............

Such a good perspective for when life hits ya outta left field, which, if anyone's noticed, it so often does......

I thought about all the "Plan 'B's" in my life.....All the times the thought occurred to me, "Guess I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque..."...

I have wasted countless hours mulling over the mistakes and missteps of yesteryear, ruminating over regrets and wrong moves, mourning missed opportunities and the mess I've made of some things.......

But God gave us an example to follow into the future, saving us from stagnation and the petrification of the past......

He too, the God of the Universe, had to grieve the loss of His Eden and grapple with "Plan 'B' "....

"ok, then, die on cross, rescue my Beloved."

REDEMPTION,
the original Plan "B"

I find myself staring in disbelief at this self-imposed sentence, reduced to tears at this revelation of my Redeemer, leveled by this lesson of letting go what cannot be...

But He does not leave me empty handed...He places within my grasp hope for the future and His palpable promises...

"For I know the thoughts I think toward you," says the Lord, "thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope"  -Jeremiah 29:11

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."  -Romans 8:28

"Come, and let us return to the LORD; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up.  After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, THAT WE MAY LIVE in His sight.  Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD.  His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth."  -Hosea 6:1-3

" 'The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,' says the LORD of hosts, 'and in this place I will give peace,' says the LORD of hosts."  -Haggai 2:9

"FOR I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES"
-Job 19:25

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 comments:

Dan said...

Wow. I guess it never occurred to me that God, too, needed a plan B. Brilliant observation. I guess that's why we have you, H. Great post.

Hindsfeet said...

thank God He can relate.....there's nothing we can go through that He's not "holding hands with us" as you say, D...Sorta brings Psalm 139 to mind...especially verses 8 and 9..."If I ascend to heaven, You are there...If I make my bed in hell, you are there..."

anyway, thanks, D.......... : )

Linda said...

Excellent and encouraging, as always.

Relyn Lawson said...

I love the truth in this post. And, oh - you got one of my favorite verses. Here's my most favorite, for you.

Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here. He has risen, just as he said. ~ Luke 24;5,6

Joy said...

Like my friend said, she's most likely on Plan 'Z'.

Hindsfeet said...

Oh Joy! Sing it to me sistah!!!! I know whereof she speaks! : p

Hindsfeet said...

Wow!! Relyn!! I never saw that verse that way! I am so glad you shared this with me...what a keeper....

Hindsfeet said...

Thanks, Linda : ) Right back atcha, Girlfriend : )