Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Clay

"But now, O LORD, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our potter; and all we are the work of Your hand."
-Isaiah 64:8

Our lives are not half-hazzard, they are not the random result of fickle chance or human choice - these merely second causes - but rather, they are the design of Deity, the Master Artist's magnum opus, an intimation of Immanuel Himself.

There is much work that goes into re-making us into His image, but each day we spend on this Potter's wheel of a planet brings us closer to that end.

The path to "Finished" from "Authored" can be arduous indeed, at times painful, at times downright disorienting and riddled with disillusionment. So much surrender is required, so little leeway is allowed.  But as we trust ourselves more fully into our loving Father's hands, something sublime and truly useful is formed: a vessel into which He can pour Himself, out of which He can quench the thirst of thousands...

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith"
-Hebrews 12:2

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

What a RELIEF!!! Yes, what a relief to just hear these words...truth poured over my raw places so that trust can moisturize the dryness again. Life dried me out terribly today; thanks for this refreshing bath (and I believe I detect bath oil...yes, there is definitely a balm for my scrapes and bruises in this.) Oh, sweetness to my soul. Thank you for this....
-Jennifer

Hindsfeet said...

You and me both, Jennifer...I think we're being soothed in the same Stream.....He is good, despite all appearances....(no irreverance intended...)

Peace peace peace...and blooming deserts, for both of us....

-Hindsfeet

Butterfly Works said...

I came to visit you and when I opened your blog the first thing is see is Clay and that's my son's name....then the hands on the potter's wheel....I help lead a retreat that is called Footprints to the Potter's House....and one of my favorite books is Hinds Feet for High Places.....

Your blog is such an inspiration and encouragement and you will probably never know all the lives you touch...Keep up the good work...

Hugs and blessings