Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crucible

"And in the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying,
"Eloi! Eloi! Lama sabachthani?"
-Mark 15:34

~ ~ ~

He Understands

With the same bewilderment and despair He cried out as we have,

My God!  Why have You forsaken me?

He knows how it feels to be met with silence in that moment
He knows how it feels to have that last shred of faith slip through your fingers
To be out of lifelines and left alone

He Knows

He knew we'd need a God who "Gets It"
He knew we'd need a God who could reach us,
in the deepest valley
in the lowest pit
even at the doorway of death

So he made sure His reach would stretch that far

He's been there and beyond, He's done that and more
His reach does stretch that far

You are not out of His reach

You are not alone

~ ~ ~

"Now my soul is in agony, but what shall I say, 'Father, save me from this hour!'?  No, it was for this purpose that I came to this hour."
-John 12:27

3 comments:

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

"So He made sure His reach would stretch that far..."

Indeed! Thank you :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
His love poured out in kindness each day
in ways that boggle my mind as I realize
that I'm not alone.
He is here. With me. Always.
Such a tender shepherd
...so much to love and thank Him for.
Thank YOU for this drink of pure hope,
friend.
-Jennifer

Relyn Lawson said...

No I'm singing that old hymn.
Never alone. Oh, no, never alone. He walks with me and I am never alone.