Monday, September 10, 2012

Lost

 
"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?"
Matthew 18:12
 
***

I wandered,
looking
longing
for Home

I thought I'd find it here
It was here just a moment ago

But someone has stripped the props
Changed the scene
Same stage
Different Play

Sideways

A neon sign hangs over my head
exposing my ugly duckling un-belonging

Just a moment ago I was a swan
How did things go so wrong

And once again I need the One
Who leaves the ninety-nine

To come make right as only He can
To find His child in a strange land

To call my name
To gather me up
To call me Found
To carry me

Home

***

"The Lord is my Shepherd"
Psalm 23:1
 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Honey you are still that swan, it's just sometimes we forget to live from the truth of who we really are...and He always comes for us...it's hard un-learning old ways and patterns and replacing them with new...but you are!

Grace, peace and love to you!