Wednesday, January 1, 2014

In the Beginning...

 
 "forgetting the things which are behind,
reaching forward to the things that are ahead,
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call
of God in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 3:13, 14
 
*
 
back turned
to back doors and bridges
which promise safe passage
into the past...
that never never land
which no longer exists...
 
eyes fixed like flint
on what is forward
what is for real
the Gift you have for me
and have for me to be...
 
sure-footed, walking
into Future's fallow ground
my very footsteps making fertile the soil,
seeding each day with the Seed Himself
till death defers
and Life becomes
the defining characteristic
of this Landscape...
 
As it was In The Beginning...
make it so In This Beginning,
 
Let there be Light
once again...
 
....and let it change
 
Everything
 
*
 
"Here am I, my Lord;
Send me."
-Isaiah 6:8

2 comments:

Hindsfeet said...

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."
-Van Gogh

Mary said...

Happy New Year dear Elizabeth! ...let there be light...yes! That word, the concept has been on my mind and heart so much these days!