Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rise


"Rise up, My love, My fair one...
for behold, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone, 
flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come...
Rise up, My love, My fair one..."
-Song 2:10-13

+

Buoyant hearts
Resilient beyond reason
Bear witness to the Heart that bore them

hearts having borne a backbreaking cross
given up for dead
thought bested...

But slowly, slowly, long shadows are cast
incredulous eyes turn to see,
Gold dispels dark
Sky turning, turning...
and the Word again spoken,

"Let There Be..."

Life stifled and silenced
now has the final say,
now breaks,
is Reborn in the breaking,

Graveclothes give way to Irrepressible Light

Unfettered,
Unbroken,
Unburied,

We Rise

+

"Did I not tell you if you believed,
you would see the Glory of God?"
-John 11:40

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

unfettered
unbroken

I love this. I believe we are to live and unfettered, unbroken life.