Thursday, May 29, 2014

See




+

When I focus on what
i was
I lose sight of 
I AM

When I fixate only on the middle of the story
I become frightened
and forgetful
of
The Author
and
The Finisher

When I freeze-frame
on my grievous failings
on the heart-rending moments I wish I could undo,
fix,
re-frame,
I forego perspective of
The Big Picture...

...Framed in my Father's Arms
Seen through His Eyes
His Loving Lens
which Sees
Me

not my mistakes,
not my mishaps,
not my downright disastrous moves
and missed turns at Albuquerque...

but Me

His Child
His Beloved
His Precious One

"Be Thou my vision" I pray through the tears,
And He, with His trademark Tenderness,
with a knowing "you'll see" smile,
Gently lifts me to His lookout
Shares with me His view
Quiets the ferocious waves
Stills my self-flagellation
and Shows me

Hinds Feet
High Places
A Heart after His
Hope
a Future...

...and many blind,
who also need to see themselves as they really are,
as the apple of His eye....

...Hand in hand,
We Begin Again...

From His vantage point this time...

+

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now I'm found,
was blind,
but now,
I see."

-John Newton

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

I have been away from real blogging for months and months. I have missed visiting my friends. I have missed connecting. I have missed you. It is so good to come back here and see that you are still savoring the best things in life. Still sharing your heart here. I have missed you, friend.