Friday, May 15, 2015

Letting Go





+

We treat our lives, at times, like an all-terrain vehicle
And our walk with God less like walking
and more like off-roading...

Clinging so tightly
White-Knuckling the steering wheel
In an attempt to avoid catastrophe...

Yesterday, I went through a car wash...
I pulled up to the opening, 
Lined up my tires with the track,
Rolled down my window at the attendant's behest
At which point he told me,

"Put it in Neutral and Let Go of the steering wheel"

The track took hold of my car,
Pulled me along, 

Peacefully,
Smoothly, 
Methodically...

And everything was cleaned that needed to be cleaned...
Everything was done that needed to be done...
I made it through to the other side...

Without any hyper-vigilance on my part
Without anything on my part......

Just the Letting Go.........

+

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
Lean not on your own understanding,
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
He will make your path straight."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Jonathan Chant said...

My turn to thank you. This is lovely.